In order to validate the results carried out on the Noxite® granules, used as part of the Eco-Activ® waterproofing system, Icopal UK commissioned the British Board of Agrément (BBA) to assess the test reports complied by three recognised independent testing bodies:
- UL Environmental Inc - Environmental Claims Validation for Paradiene 30 FR Eco-Activ®
- CSTB - Pass’Innovation 2009-016; Eco-Activ® waterproofing system
- TNO - The effectiveness of Icopal waterproofing membranes to capture nitrogen oxides.
Test results show that Noxite® granules have a significant depolluting capacity when added as a mineral finish to waterproofing membranes.
A summary of the BBA's findings is as follows:
- UL Environmental estimated that, over a 20 year period, between 417g and 4143g of nitrogen oxides per square metre of roof can be absorbed and degraded from the atmosphere.
- The Centre Scientifique et Technique du Batiment (CSTB) reported a depolluting level of approximately 90% in membranes two months after installation.
- TNO estimated an effective deposition rate of 0.08 cm.s-1 and 0.10 cm.s-1 as measured in laboratory tests and in-use conditions respectively.
Download full copy of the BBA report